Gulai Nangka Muda 🇮🇩(Indonesian jackfruit curry). Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Another Padang cuisine favorite is definitely gulai nangka (jackfruit curry). Whenever I order a nasi bungkus (Padang rice for takeout), I usually get gulai daun singkong (cassava leaves stew), gulai nangka (jackfruit curry), sambal cabe ijo (green chili relish), and a meat of my choice, this usually means ayam bakar (grilled chicken), ayam pop (fried chicken), or rendang sapi (beef rendang). Great recipe for Gulai Nangka Muda 🇮🇩(Indonesian jackfruit curry).
Gulai nangka or young jackfruit gulai is another favourite of Padang cuisine. It is also called gulai cubadak (cubadak means "young jackfruit" in the Minang language). As its name suggests, young jackfruit is the main ingredient of this dish, and is cooked in spices and coconut milk, along with other vegetables like long beans and cabbage. You can cook Gulai Nangka Muda 🇮🇩(Indonesian jackfruit curry) using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gulai Nangka Muda 🇮🇩(Indonesian jackfruit curry)
- Prepare of jack fruit.
- You need of Tempe.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- Prepare of green cabbage.
- It’s of chayote.
- You need of thumbsize piece of galangal.
- It’s of dried thai basil leaves.
- Prepare of dried lime leaves.
- It’s of Tamarind paste.
- You need of For paste.
- Prepare of Birdseye chillis.
- It’s of garlic cloves.
- You need of small shallots.
Gulai Nangka Padang (Padang Young Jackfruit Curry) originated in Padang as indicated by the name. Dishes from this area tend to be hot and spicy. You can adjust the heat of Gulai Nangka by using less chili peppers if you have low tolerance to heat. Another famous Padang dish is Beef Rendang.
Gulai Nangka Muda 🇮🇩(Indonesian jackfruit curry) instructions
- Here are the ingredients.
- Drain and part boil the jack fruit until softened.
- To make the paste peel the garlic chilli and shallots..
- Crush into a paste in a pestle and mortar (or cheat with a blender 😉).
- Cut the chayote in half, rub together to remove the pith, then remove the seed and slice.
- Slice the cabbage and tempe.
- In a pot add some oil and sauté the paste until a fragrant smell fills the kitchen, then add the dried leaves and galangal.
- Mix the tamarind paste in a could tsbp of water and add to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk, cabbage, Tempe and jackfruit. Slowly simmer for 10 mins. Add salt, sugar and chilli flakes to taste..
- Serve and enjoy with rice 🍛.
You can find Gulai Nangka in all Padang restaurants. It's really delicious vegetables curry, especially if you serve it with other side dishes such as fried chicken or fish. The main ingredients might be poultry , beef , mutton ,. Gulai Nangka (Indonesian Unripe Jackfruit Curry) Nangka or Jackfruit is a native tropical fruit from South and Southeast Asia. It is widely use in cuisines from the regions.