Masala Tea. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Simply translated, masala ("spice mix") chai ("tea") is spiced tea. There are many versions with varying amounts and ratios of ingredients, but at its core, masala chai is usually black tea brewed.
Masala Chai is the local name for the world famous spiced tea from India also known as ' Chai Tea '. Most Indians start their day sipping a cup of hot tea with milk and a few aromatic spices. It just brightens up the day and makes them energetic. You can cook Masala Tea using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Masala Tea
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of tea powder.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of small stick cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of green cardamom.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ginger, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 7-8 of mint leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
When I heard the americans refer to this as chai tea, I was quite surprised. Masala tea, known as India's famous spicy tea, means 'mixed spice' in the Indian language. This tea, which is prepared by mixing many medicinal plants with black tea, has many benefits to health depending on the plants it contains. It is also a common practice to add warm milk to tea, just like in British culture in Indian culture.
Masala Tea step by step
- In a vessel take water. Add ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and mint leaves. Let the water come to a boil. Add sugar and tea powder. Let it boil. Simmer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes..
- Once the tea is well cooked strain it and throw away the leaves and masala. Put the strained tea back in the vessel. Add milk and let it boil..
- Simmer for a few minutes. Enjoy masala tea hot off the stove top..
Masala tea is a traditional beverage of Indian origin. Tea is brewed with aromatic spices, each with numerous health benefits. This masala tea has several untold benefits that must not be missed. Some commonly used spices are ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper. Masala means a mixture of spices & tea is a beverage.