Potatoes and carrots roasted in banana leaf. Cut potatoes and carrots into large chunks, approximately the same size. Toss potatoes, carrots and onions with olive oil and Italian seasoning. Pour the potato-carrot mixture into an oven-safe large skillet (or can spread out on a rimmed baking sheet lined with tin foil).
Drizzle with the olive oil and honey, then sprinkle with cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne. Toss to coat, then spread into a single layer. Add thyme, rosemary and bay leaf to broth. You can have Potatoes and carrots roasted in banana leaf using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potatoes and carrots roasted in banana leaf
- You need 1 large of banana leaf.
- You need 2 lb of smoked ham.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of carrots.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red currant jam.
- It’s of water.
Remove from oven, add carrots and potatoes to pot and season with salt and pepper. Cover the baking sheet with foil, and place in the oven to heat. Dice the vegetables and mince the garlic. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven, and spray with cooking spray.
Potatoes and carrots roasted in banana leaf instructions
- Peel and wash potatoes cut into french fry sticks do the same with carrots add them to water as you cut them.
- Line an oven safe dish or roaster with some of the banana leaf add most of the potatoes and carrots add table spoon each of garlic and salt and half the oil set aside the rest..
- Take an apple slicer/corer peel the onion and core the onion add all of onion to the potatoes and carrots cover with rest of potatoes and carrots add half remaining salt and garlic add water.
- Add ham on top cover with currant jam add rest of salt and garlic.
- With rest of banana leaf cover top put into oven turn on to 250° Fahrenheit.
- Roast for 3 hours 250° Fahrenheit jump the heat up to 400°Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes till potatoes and carrots are done the fat should be rendered.
The BEST Roasted Potatoes for Holidays or Every Day! You haven't tried roasted potatoes until you have tried these crispy leaf potatoes. Imagine layers upon layers of super crispy potatoes that taste like potato chips, seasoned with rosemary, butter and salt. My mouth is watering at the very thought. Put the potatoes and carrots into a large pan – you may need to use two – of boiling salted water on a high heat and bring back to the boil.