Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Add the noodles, bean sprouts, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce and stir-fry just long enough to warm everything through.
Serve this delicious Padthai noodles with a wedge of lime and chilli flakes. You can have bean sprouts on the side too for an extra crunch. Add the noodles, Pad Thai sauce and turn up to high heat. You can have Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns
- You need of rice noodles.
- It’s of cooking oil.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of shallot, finely sliced.
- You need of pack of beans sprouts.
- Prepare of king prawns.
- It’s of spring onion or chinese chives, chopped about 4cm long.
- Prepare of Crushed peanut (optition).
- You need of lime/lemon.
- You need of chilli flakes.
- You need of Padthai sauce.
- Prepare of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- You need of tamarind paste.
- Prepare of fishsauce.
- Prepare of soysauce.
- You need of 1/2 cup water.
Mix well and cook for about a minute until the noodles take on the golden brown colour. Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns Step By Step Soak the noodles in a large bowl with hot water. I use this brand (pic below) of rice noodles as I found its soften quickly and it's already portion for you. Heat the groundnut oil in a wok over a medium-high heat.
Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns step by step
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl with hot water. Leave it for about 10 min so they start to soften..
- Mix the Padthai sauce base together in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until sugar dissolve and sauce become a little thicker. Add some water and let it simmer for a few minutes..
- On a big pan or wok, medium heat, add cooking oil in, garlic and finely sliced shallots, stir well.
- Add your meat (in this recipe I use prawns) into the wok. Cook for 1 or 2 minute until the meat cooked through. Remove them to a plate. Leave it aside.
- Add noodle into the same pan along with Padthai sauce, put 1-2 crushed peanut in, add some fish sauce or sugar or tamarind if needed and taste. Padthai should taste sweet, sour, salty and nutty. Stir well for about 10-15 min or until noodles cooked through..
- Move your noodles on one side of the wok, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and add some eggs in. Leave eggs to cook through for a few minutes before mix through with the noodles..
- Add prawns (or hard tofu) back in the pan. Stir well, then add half of bean sprouts, spring onion or chinese chive and crushed peanut if you prefer..
- Serve this delicious Padthai noodles with a wedge of lime and chilli flakes. You can have bean sprouts on the side too for an extra crunch..
Pad thai can be found all over Thailand and Indonesia – everyone has their own variation. You can make it spicier or milder, depending on how much chilli you add. Add Pad Thai noodles and stir-fry until softened, some water can be added. Add Pad Thai Paste and stir to mix. Heat a wok with half the oil.