Pad See Ew. Great Prices On Pad Thai Sauce. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Pad See Ew, which means "stir fried soy sauce noodles, is an extremely popular Thai street food meal and probably the most popular noodle dish at Thai restaurants in Western countries.
You have to get the sauce right! Pad see ew is a stir-fried Thai noodle recipe made with fresh wide flat rice noodles and dark soy sauce. The noodles are coated with the sauce and cooked at high heat and mixed with Chinese broccoli, young kale or similar, cooked with meat, tofu, or seafood and seasoned further. You can cook Pad See Ew using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pad See Ew
- You need of pork chopped (thinly slice).
- It’s of Rice noodles(soaked in hot water for 15 min).
- You need of big pack of ready shredded kale.
- You need of soysauce.
- You need of dark soysauce.
- You need of white sugar.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare of vegetable cooking oil.
- It’s of ground pepper.
How Many Calories in Pad See Ew? Pad see ew (also transliterated as phat si-io or pad siew, Thai: ผัดซีอิ๊ว, RTGS: phat si-io, pronounced [pʰàt sīːʔíw]) is a Chinese-influenced stir-fried noodle dish that is commonly eaten in Thailand. It is also quite popular in Thai restaurants around the world. The name of the dish translates to "fried (with) soy sauce" and it is very similar to the char kway teow.
Pad See Ew step by step
- Marinate you pork with a splash of soysauce, leave it for 15 min. Drain water out from your noodles, add a splash of dark soysauce in the noodles and mix well..
- On a medium hight heat pan, add vegetable cooking oil then garlic, stir well then add add pork in, mix well..
- Add your noodles into your pan. Stir and mix all well together..
- Have your pan quit hight then add eggs in, leave them for a few min wait until the white egg cooked 60% then turn them over and mix well..
- Add some kale (it’s hard to find chinese cabbage here so I found kale works quit well) and stir well. You can serve Pad see ew with pickle chilli. You can put chopped up red chilli in rice wine vinegar for 10 min before serve).
Pad see ew is the perennial street food for the Thai's. It is one dish that is easy to prepare, as there are only a few ingredients required, and the cooking is simple. See Ew is phonetically similar to the word for soy sauce in Chinese. Not mistakenly, it is a fried noodles dish prepared with soy sauce. Pad See Ew is similar to the Chinese Beef Chow Ho Fun.