Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup.
You can cook Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup
- You need 2.5 kg of boneless beef finger ribs.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of red chili.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 8 slices of peeled ginger.
- Prepare 2 stalks of green onion.
- It’s 1 of medium tomato.
- You need 1 bag of seasoning for stewing 滷包 (star anise, clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of spicy chilli bean paste.
- You need 1 spoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 spoon of rice wine.
- It’s of Some pepper powder for seasoning.
- It’s of Some cooking oil (vegetable oil or canola oil works fine).
- It’s of Noodles to serve.
Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle Soup instructions
- Cut the beef into cubes of about 5 cm. I have also used different types of beef to make the beef noodles as finger ribs are not always available. I have used stewing beef (too lean and falls apart) and also beef flank (too fatty) before..
- Slice the onions, chop the chilli and green onions into smaller segments, slice the garlic and ginger, and chop the tomato..
- Heat up some water to blanch the cubes of beef..
- Boil just enough water to cover the beef in another pot with half of the green onion and ginger, and bag of seasoning. After boiling, place the cubes of beef into the pot and add the rice wine. Boil for about 3 minutes, take the beef out and set aside. Keep the remaining liquid and its contents..
- Warm up some oil in a wok and stir fry the onions, chilli, garlic, tomatoes, and the rest of the green onions and ginger. Then add the spicy chilli bean paste and the blanched beef from the previous step. Mix well..
- Add the remaining liquid and its contents from step 4 to the wok followed by soy sauce and pepper powder, boil, and simmer with lid on low heat for 2.5 hours. You can also use a pressure cooker to shorten the cooking time..
- Serve with cooked noodles..