Essential Soup for Ramadan Harira. In a food processor, blend the cilantro & parsley into tiny pieces. Next dice the celery in the food processor & add it to the cooker. Harira is a classic Moroccan comfort soup made with tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas, fresh herbs, dried spices, and meat, making it a filling and satisfying dish.
This is a really easy dish that doesn't really have any tricks to it. I don't think it's going too far to say that the chickpeas and lentils, often used so much in North African cooking, are the. Harira is a zesty, fragrant tomato-based soup with chickpeas and lentils. You can have Essential Soup for Ramadan Harira using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Essential Soup for Ramadan Harira
- It’s 1 can of Whole canned tomatoes.
- You need 1 large of Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 stick of Celery with leaves (finely chopped).
- You need 1200 ml of Soup stock.
- It’s 133 ml of Coriander.
- You need 3 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 200 ml of Lentils.
- It’s 400 ml of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 60 grams of Capellini.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
Robustly seasoned with ginger, pepper, cinnamon and lots of fresh herbs, it's especially popular in Ramadan when it's served to break the fast. Bowl of Moroccan harira soup with dates and dried figs on the side. Rate this recipe: Use [left] and [right] keys to rate, [enter] to submit, [esc] to cancel. One of the most common things that are found on the Ramadan iftar table is some sort of soup.
Essential Soup for Ramadan Harira instructions
- Blend the tomatoes into a rough purée in a food processor..
- Add the butter, onion, and celery to a saucepan and stir-fry over low heat until the vegetables wilt. Then add the turmeric, pepper, and cinnamon and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes..
- Next add in the tomato purée, half of the coriander, the chickpeas, and lentils. Then pour in the stock..
- Bring the mixture to a boil then turn the heat back to low and leave it to simmer without a lid. Simmer until the lentils become soft (this should take around 35 minutes)..
- Break the capellini into 3 cm pieces and add it into the pan just before serving. Leave the capellini to simmer for 3 minutes. You can adjust the thickness of the soup here..
- Just before pouring the soup into a dish, sprinkle the remaining coriander over the top and adjust the flavour with salt to finish..
It's a simple food that can help your stomach recover after a full day of fasting. In Morocco harira soup is eaten almost daily. It's truly one of the things that I get tired of. Harira is a hearty Moroccan soup that is nutritious, filling and super-yummy. It is particularly popular during Ramadan.