Instant Khaman Dhokla. While the dhokla is steaming in the instant pot, heart oil in a pan on stovetop on high heat. Then add the mustard seeds and let them sizzle. Now add the curry leaves and slit green chili's.
Tastes great when served with a cup of hot tea and green chutney. Khaman, often called khaman dhokla, is made using either besan (chana dal flour) or soaked chana dal (which is then ground). While I enjoy eating food made from fermented batter (see my recipe for idli or vattayappam), I love the fact that I can make this instant khaman dhokla using besan on a whim. You can cook Instant Khaman Dhokla using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Khaman Dhokla
- It’s 2 cup of chana dal (gram flour).
- It’s 2 pinch of nimbu na fool (citric).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pounded adu marcha (optional).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of eno fruit salt.
The Dhokla is packed with flavours from gram flour, ginger and green chillies along with a sweet and tangy tadka. Instant Pot Nylon Khaman Dhokla What is the difference between khaman and dhokla? Both dhokla and khaman (also called nylon dhokla) are two different dishes originating from Gujarat. Most people (including me) use the names interchangeably but khaman and dhokla are not one and the same as I learned from my Gujarati friends.
Instant Khaman Dhokla instructions
- Take a stimmer fill water and keep for boiling. Grease khaman thali and keep in the stimmer..
- Take a bowl sieve flour, add salt, sugar, limbu na fool, adu marcha and water to mix well.. the batter should not be too thick or too light.
- Once it is mixed properly without lumps add eno and mix it faster till it is fluffy and thick and light yellowish in colour and pour it on the steamer tray and close the lid..
- Wait for 15 minutes..
- Take a small pan add some oil and put some rai and chillies once they crackle add 2 tbsp sugar and half cup water mix well till sugar is dissolved.. once khaman are ready and out let them cool for a while and than add the waghar on top and serve with sev.
The secret of its sponginess and no requirement of advance preparation lies in using popular Eno salt. Instant Khaman Dhokla is a healthy, nutritious, vegan, gluten-free and mouth-watering snack hailing from the Indian State of Gujarat. This Instant Dhokla recipe can also be served as an appetizer when you have guests coming over for dinner. So all in all, this savory, sweet, tangy and softly spiced steamed cake makes a wonderful breakfast. Instant dhokla is prepared with besan and steamed till its soft and fluffy like idlis.