Salmon & Couscous Salad. Salmon cakes are one of my go-to emergency meals. Every once in a while I like to use fresh salmon. Salmon is one of those products, like chicken, that's very easy to get into a rut with.
Salmon are native to tributaries of the North Atlantic (genus Salmo) and Pacific Ocean (genus Oncorhynchus). Many species of salmon have been introduced into non-native environments such as the Great Lakes of. It takes to all types of cooking methods — grilling, pan-frying, roasting, poaching. You can cook Salmon & Couscous Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon & Couscous Salad
- You need 1 tbsp of plus 1 tsp olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinless salmon fillet.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cup of couscous.
- Prepare 1 small of orange.
- It’s 1/4 cup of snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup).
- Prepare 1/2 small of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh mint.
It's equally delicious dressed in flavorful sauces or unadorned, simply prepared on the grill or in the pan with a little olive oil and salt. Salmon recipes are some of Food Network's most popular. Here are some great-tasting, all-star baked salmon recipes to enjoy any time. Salmon makes the perfect meal: easy to prepare and healthy.
Salmon & Couscous Salad step by step
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice the zest and add it to the couscous along with the snap peas, onion, parsley, mint, remaining tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Squeeze in 2 tbsp orange juice and toss to combine..
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into large pieces. Gently fold the salmon into the couscous..
Try these delicious recipes any night of the week for a no-stress dinner. Salmon — that tender, reddish, firm fish– is one of the most popular fish choices in America thanks in part to its rich, buttery flavor. And that's a good thing for your health. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle.