Spicy couscous with mussels. Remove with a slotted spoon and divide among bowls. Spicy couscous with mussels Deliciously fragrant dish. Perfect for the oncoming warmer evenings with a glass of your favourite tipple 😄 #seafood #couscous #spicy #dinner #mainmeal.
Season with salt, pepper and add the finely chopped parsley. Combine mussels, clams, and wine in another large pot. Using tongs, transfer mussels and clams to bowl (discard any that. You can have Spicy couscous with mussels using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy couscous with mussels
- You need 400 g of couscous.
- Prepare 800 g of mussels, cleaned, beard removed.
- It’s to taste of Fresh chilli.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- You need 800 ml of hot stock.
- It’s Tablespoon of passata sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Lemon and basil to serve.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Discard any mussels that don't open. Stir the couscous into the sauce and heat until hot. To serve: Divide the couscous between bowls and top with the mussels. I like to remove some from their shells for serving.
Spicy couscous with mussels step by step
- Put mussels in a pan, just as they are. Cover and turn on the heat to medium. When they release their water and open, switch off and set a side. Meanwhile, chop chillies and courgette. When cooled, shell half the mussels.
- Fry chopped chilli in oil for 1-2 mins. Add the courgette and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add passata sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Now add the mussels andthe then the couscous. Immediately add hot stock, stir well and turn off the heat. Cover and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff up with a fork and serve with lemon and basil 😀.
Add chorizo and let it sizzle a minute or two. Stir in onion, garlic and Espelette and cook until onion is soft. Stir in paprika, salt and tomatoes. Add the couscous and reduce heat to a simmer. Most of the water should be absorbed by the couscous by the end.