Mango Sticky Rice. Using a fine mesh strainer, rinse rice. Bring pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat. Drizzle desserts with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Put warm rice in a serving bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over rice and stir well. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango slices. You can have Mango Sticky Rice using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mango Sticky Rice
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 of mango.
- You need of I cup of coconut milk.
- You need 4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Mango sticky rice is served warm or chilled, and it is usually eaten with a fork or spoon. It is sometimes eaten with the hands. How to Store and Reheat If you have leftovers, it's best to store the sticky rice and sauce separately. Mango sticky rice (khao neow mamuang / ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง) is an amazing and authentic Thai dessert.
Mango Sticky Rice step by step
- In a pot add the rice and water cook until all the water has been absorbed.
- In another pot combine the coconut milk, sugar and pinch of salt cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the rice and let it rest for 30minutes.
- Cut the mango into chucks.
- Put some of the rice in a bowl, top it with mango.
- Pour some coconut milk on top and serve.
It is typical street food in Thailand, especially during summer, when mango is in season. This dessert is also popular in other South East Asia countries, including my hometown, Malaysia. Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Mango Sticky Rice is sweetened sticky rice with fresh mangoes. This dessert is very popular in Thailand and Southeast Asia.