Bangali maacher jhol (simple bengal fish curry). Maacher kalia or maacher jhol is a simple Bengali fish curry that is a favorite in many Indian families. Maacher means "fish" and kalia or jhol means "in curry or gravy." The most commonly used fish to prepare this dish is a type of freshwater carp or rui maach. In India, the best parts of a fish are often reserved as a fillet and served grilled, broiled, or cooked alongside a fish stew or curry containing the less attractive portions of fish.
This is easy everyday staple recipe for every bengali at heart anywhere in the world #madethis This is famous bengali fish recipie. Subscribe my channel for get more bengali recipie. Bengali-Style Fish Stew (Maacher Jhol) No Bengali meal is complete without maacher jhol, fish simmered in a tomato-based curry scented with mustard oil and the region's distinctive mix of five. You can have Bangali maacher jhol (simple bengal fish curry) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bangali maacher jhol (simple bengal fish curry)
- It’s of rohu fish (peeled and de scaled).
- It’s of potatoes (cut in wedges).
- Prepare of onion (cut in slices).
- You need of green chilies.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of tbspCumin powder.
- It’s of Ginger paste.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Mustard oil.
- It’s of bay leaf(optional).
Machher Jhol or Machha Jhola is a traditional Oriya and Bengali spicy fish stew. It is in the form of a very spicy stew that is served with rice. Machher Jhol is liberally seasoned with turmeric, garlic, onions, and grated ginger. Potatoes are added to the stew as a thickening agent.
Bangali maacher jhol (simple bengal fish curry) step by step
- Mix the raw fishes with salt and turmeric.
- Fry the fish in hot mustard oil, both sides.
- Keep the fishes aside once fried, add some more oil in pan and add potatoes to fry.
- After the potatoes are done, pour some more oil and fry the onion with chillies.
- Add bay leaf, ginger paste, turmeric and cumin powder and stir well and salt to taste.
- Now pour in a cup of warm water on the mixture and add on the fried potatoes and cover and simmer it.
- Once the mixture comes to boil add the fried fish.
- Serve it with steamed rice.
Bengali Fish Curry or Mustard Fish Curry is an everyday dish in the Bengali household. This easy tomato-based recipe can be made with catfish or mullet in mustard oil and boasts of the distinct flavor of mustard and nigella seeds. Tarkari diye Macher Jhol(Bengali fish curry with vegetables) T oday, I'm sharing a simple but delicious fish curry recipe. This recipe is perfect for a simple light lunch in hot summer days.. Bengal's Favorite Chicken Rezala on the eve of Durga Puja T he biggest and longest festival of Hindus are around the corner.