Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines. Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines I had leftover rice in the rice cooker and also wanted to use it up leftover tofu, but my husband asked for Spaghetti Bolognese. This dish was a compromise, but he liked it. Tofu is the base in this dish.
Fold together everything in the bowl with a large spoon- Set aside. Transfer tofu to a large bowl and add yeast, garlic, salt and pepper and mash with a fork. Put marinara sauce into a medium pot and bring to a simmer. You can cook Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines
- You need 1 block of Tofu.
- You need 100 grams of Minced meat (pork or a blend with beef).
- Prepare 1 small of Aubergine (I used frozen).
- You need 1 slice of Melting type cheese (pizza cheese).
- You need of Seasoning ingredients:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire sauce.
While the eggplant is drying on the first side, blend the tofu, nutritional yeast (or parmesan), garlic, and pesto together. While the eggplant dries on the second side, sauté the peppers, onions, and crumbles together until fragrant. Add in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place tofu and reserved liquid in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines instructions
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels to drain..
- Fry the minced meat quickly and add the aubergine when the meat is cooked through. You don't need to separate the lumps of meat..
- I used frozen aubergine. If you use fresh aubergine, soak in water first to remove the bitterness and cut into bite sizes..
- Add the ketchup and Japanese Worcestershire sauce and continue to fry..
- Slice the tofu horizontally in half and place on a gratin dish. If you line the gratin dish with parchment paper beforehand, it will be easy to serve later..
- Place the sauce from Step 4 onto Step 5. Top with melting type cheese or use pizza cheese..
- The meat is cooked through already so once the cheese is golden brown, it is done..
Combine spinach and remaining salt; set aside. Do one final layer of noodles, cover with remaining sauce, and then top with remaining cheese. Place the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. There are three easy tricks to cooking delicious, minced tofu "ground beef": freeze your tofu before cooking, crumble once thawed and add plenty of spice. Taste and season with more lemon juice, salt, and pepper as needed; set aside.