Tempura battered Swai. Dip swai into batter and shake off excess batter and carefully up into hot oil. Tempura battered Swai Was looking for Swai recipes and not many i found. So made this simple recipe for my daughter for she doesn't care for fish.
Shrimp, Salt & pepper, Thai tempura mix, Egg, Breadcrumbs, Lettuce. To make the tempura batter crispier, use a low-protein flour such as cake or pastry flour. Also, be sure the water is ice cold, the batter isn't overmixed, and the oil is at the recommended temperature. You can have Tempura battered Swai using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tempura battered Swai
- It’s of swai.
- Prepare of tempura batter.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of total seasoning blend.
- You need of oil.
Can I Make a Thicker Batter? DIRECTIONS Stir together flour, cornstarch and salt. Make a well in the center. Combine ice water or beer and egg yolk, beating with a fork or whisk until frothy.
Tempura battered Swai instructions
- Cut up swai into bite size pieces.
- Melt butter and mix in seasoning blend..
- Put swai into bowl and pour butter mix on it and stir it until coated.let it sit for 15 minutes to absorb butter mix..
- Put oil in pan or fryer and heat to 325°..
- Mix tempura batter as directed..
- Dip swai into batter and shake off excess batter and carefully up into hot oil. I fry about 6 pieces at a time. Fry for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown..
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. Then enjoy. I place it on a bed of rice..
Tempura is a method of deep-frying that provides a delicious coating for all kinds of foods. It is served either in a bento box (lunch box) with soba or udon, or, with dipping sauce like tentsuyu sauce (three parts dashi, one part mirin and one part shoyu). You should always eat tempura immediately, when they are still crispy. DIRECTIONS Break the egg into a bowl containing the iced water and whisk until frothy. Beat until the flour is just mixed in.