Tempting Oven Baked Chicken & Aubergines (Kotopoulo me Melitzanes sto fourno). Place skin sides down in dish (dish and butter should be hot). There are a variety of recipes and cooking methods for chicken wings, and the normal oven temperature is more or less same for all the recipes. Toss the chicken breasts with olive oil, herbs, and spices (per recipe below).
Drizzle oil all over chicken and generously coat with seasoning mixture, shaking off excess. Combine the flour, salt, paprika, pepper, and other dried thyme in a shallow dish. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. You can cook Tempting Oven Baked Chicken & Aubergines (Kotopoulo me Melitzanes sto fourno) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tempting Oven Baked Chicken & Aubergines (Kotopoulo me Melitzanes sto fourno)
- You need 4 pieces of Chicken Breasts.
- You need 4 of large fresh Tomatoes grated.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 2 of large Aubergines chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 2 of Onions diced.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell Pepper Chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Olive Oil (of which 1/3 is for frying).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Paprika (Optional) if you want to give a delicious spicy taste.
Working one piece at a time with tongs, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and then dip into the melted butter, covering completely. Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Rinse chicken breast under cool running water. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
Tempting Oven Baked Chicken & Aubergines (Kotopoulo me Melitzanes sto fourno) instructions
- Cut the Aubergines into cubes or large pieces…put them in a bowl with salted water and let them sit for 1/2 hour. Drain until all excess water has gone..
- In a sauce pan add some olive oil and sauté the chicken. Once that is done place chicken aside. Add into the sauce pan all the ingredients except for the olive oil that is left over and bell pepper. Cook for 15 minutes..
- Place chicken into the baking pan..
- Top with the veggie mix, bell pepper, olive oil…mix gradually. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in oven. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees and bake for 1 hr 30 min. Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.
Pat the chicken dry, then gently pull up the skin and rub half of the butter mixture underneath the skin. Place onions on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Place chicken on top of onions, skin side up, and bake. In this lighter version of chicken Parmesan I skip the pan-frying in oil and instead bake lightly-breaded chicken breasts in the oven, then top with sauce and cheese. My family's not big on lots of sauce and cheese, so I just use a little to flavor the dish.