Thai Aubergine Salad. For this recipe, we took elements from Sicilian caponata—eggplant, tomatoes, herbs, and a vinegar bite—and married them with flavorful Thai ingredients for a dish that delivers all of the five tastes and as many different textures. Add the chilli jam to the dressing and taste Mix the roasted aubergines with all the herbs (coriander, Thai basil, mint, sliced lemongrass and shallot) and the dressing Top with cashew nuts before serving Thai food recipes: Aubergine salad with spicy coconut cream dressing The humble coconut has always played an important role for the people of Ko Samui. Before the advent of tourism, it was coconut production which was the main revenue earner for the island.
This recipe avoids it at all cost. Everybody might be talking about the Hearth chef-owner's. Combine the eggplant with the chopped fresh herbs and sliced red bell pepper and dress the salad with the lime juice, fish sauce, and chili flakes. You can cook Thai Aubergine Salad using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Aubergine Salad
- You need 2 of aubergines (around 400-500g).
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of sea salt flakes.
- You need 2 tbs of chilli jam.
- You need 3 tbs of lime juice.
- It’s 3 tbs of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of caster sugar.
- It’s 3 tbs of coconut milk.
- You need 50 g of roasted cashew nuts.
- It’s 5 g of fresh coriander.
- It’s 5 g of fresh Thai basil.
- It’s 5 g of fresh mint.
- It’s 3 of fresh kaffir lime leaves (need to be fresh but frozen is okay).
- You need 2 of stems of fresh lemongrass.
- You need 1 of shallot.
Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more fish sauce or lime juice as needed. This salad is best enjoyed while the eggplant is still warm. This salad was composed of grilled slices of Thai eggplant topped with the classic chili, lime, and fish sauce dressing and some fresh herbs. This eggplant salad is quite different than the western eggplant salad with the big, cooked purplish eggplants.
Thai Aubergine Salad step by step
- Vertically (from top to bottom) slice the aubergines around 1 cm thick.
- Line the baking trays with cooking foil.
- Season with salt and drizzle some olive oil on the top of aubergine slices, and grill the aubergines in the oven at Grill mode 240 C for 8-10 min until they are slightly burnt.
- Add 3 tbs each of lime juice, fish sauce, coconut milk and 1 tbs of caster sugar to a big bowl, then mix.
- Add the chilli jam to the dressing and taste.
- Mix the roasted aubergines with all the herbs (coriander, Thai basil, mint, sliced lemongrass and shallot) and the dressing.
- Top with cashew nuts before serving.
These eggplants are the raw Thai eggplant the size of a golf ball with white and green stripes. Yum Makua or (aka Sah Bahkua) is a popular northern dish. Throughout the north, there are several variations of this dish. Our Sponsors LEARN MORE > Sign up for our cooking newsletter. In a small bowl, mix the lime leaves with the lime juice, soy sauce, chile, brown sugar, garlic and lemon zest.