Chicken Tagine with Apple & Brinjal. Chicken Tagine with Potatoes, Carrots and Apples This Chicken Tagine with Potatoes, Carrots and Apples kicks off a brand new series on LinsFood! I've had a few requests from readers and (YouTube) viewers to do a tagine series and so, starting with this post, that's exactly what we shall be doing – a Tagine Masterclass! When cool enough to handle, pull skin off chicken and discard skin.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Place chicken back in the pan and add broth, saffron, and chopped apricot paste. DIRECTIONS Heat the oil in the tagine over a low heat and sauté the garlic and onions for a couple minutes. You can cook Chicken Tagine with Apple & Brinjal using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tagine with Apple & Brinjal
- You need 500 g of chicken breast cut.
- It’s 1/2 of apple.
- It’s 1 of medium size brinjal.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dhanya (coriander) powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of jeera (cumin) powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Fresh chilli (optional).
Mix in some turmeric, then lay the chicken breasts on the bottom and season with salt and pepper. Scatter chicken around the pan in an even layer. Mix spices in a small dish and scatter over the. Tweaked a bit from Cook's Illustrated, this is my favorite chicken tagine, the traditional Moroccan dish of chicken pieces braised with spices, garlic, onion, olives, and preserved lemons.
Chicken Tagine with Apple & Brinjal step by step
- Marinade the chicken with ginger and garlic spice, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Layer in the tagine pot the cut onions at the bottom, then the apple, then chicken, then diced tomato and lastly the brinjal.
- Cover with the tagine pot lid and slow cook on low heat for about 2 hours. Do not mix or add any water.
- After 1,5 hours, check to see if meat is soft and there is little to no water in the pot. Once ready, give the dish a quick mix. The apple and brinjal will disappear within the chicken. Garnish with nuts and herbs or fresh chilli as it's optional of your choose and serve. Enjoy!.
It's festive and company-worthy yet also easy enough to throw together on a not-too-busy weeknight. The word tagine refers to the shallow clay vessel with a cone-shaped lid that the dish is traditionally. With chunks of ripe nectarine, ginger and cinnamon, this classic Moroccan stew is a simple yet exotic way to spice up ordinary chicken. Meanwhile, soak the apricots and raisins in a little of the hot stock and set aside for at least an hour. Heat the oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan over a high heat.