Chicken Shawarma. Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Shawarma refers to the meat and is most commonly served with pita and veggies like lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Use the chicken in a salad, on a pita, or over rice.
Traditional chicken shawarma is basically well-marinated chicken, layered on a vertical rotisserie or spit where it's slow-roasted for days–in its own juices and fat–until perfectly tender and extra flavorful! Prepare a marinade for the chicken. Chicken Shawarma This is one of my signature recipes that will be very familiar to all my friends because I make this so often. You can cook Chicken Shawarma using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need 2 of lemons (juiced).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Add to marinade:.
- It’s 2-3 lbs of skinless boneless chicken thighs or breast.
- Prepare 1 of red onion (sliced thin).
CHICKEN SHAWARMA SEASONING The seasoning or marinade is what makes this dish IRRESISTIBLE. We use olive oil, lime juice, ginger garlic paste, cumin, paprika, honey, cinnamon, oregano, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and black pepper. Making Chicken Shawarma at home is a lot easier to make than you may think. All you need is a couple minutes of prep time.
Chicken Shawarma step by step
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl or gallon ziplock bag..
- Trim fat off of chicken. Place chicken into marinade. Slice onion and add to marinade..
- Marinade chicken in the fridge for 4-12 hours..
- Preheat oven to 425° F..
- Remove chicken and onion slices from marinade and place on rimmed baking sheet..
- Cook for 20-30 minutes. Allow to rest for 2 minutes. Slice into bite size pieces..
- Serve in a wrap or make shawarma bowls with rice, salad, white sauce, baba ghanoush, chickpeas, lentils, etc..
It all starts with an awesome marinade! Chicken Shawarma is a popular gourmet sandwich that you can get at Middle Eastern restaurants. Shawarma is usually topped with lamb fat which melts during the process of grilling giving shawarma this unique taste. In … Chicken Shawarma In a large bowl add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, cumin, black pepper, paprika, turmeric, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, garlic, and whisk well. Add the chicken and toss making sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade.