Chicken Shawarma. Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Shawarma refers to the meat and is most commonly served with pita and veggies like lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Use the chicken in a salad, on a pita, or over rice.
Prepare a marinade for the chicken. How to Serve Chicken Shawarma There are two main ways to serve Chicken Shawarma. As Chicken Shawarma wraps (like Gyros and Doner kebabs) – with tomato, lettuce, and a simple yoghurt sauce on the side. You can cook Chicken Shawarma using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1.5 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/3 Cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 300 grams of boneless chicken.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of curd.
- You need 6 tbsp of tomato sauce.
Other optional extras include: red onion, cheese (query authenticity? CHICKEN SHAWARMA SEASONING The seasoning or marinade is what makes this dish IRRESISTIBLE. We use olive oil, lime juice, ginger garlic paste, cumin, paprika, honey, cinnamon, oregano, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and black pepper. Most of these are probably in your pantry.
Chicken Shawarma instructions
- First, add 1 ½ cup flour, Sugar 1 ½ tbsp, salt ½ tsp, Yeast 1 tbsp, 1 Egg, ⅓ cup water Oil 1tbsp in a bowl and knead to make a dough..
- Cover and keep for at least 1 hour..
- Now in a bowl add 300g boneless chicken and ½ tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, Coriander powder ½ tsp, Salt 1 tsp, Black pepper powder ¼ tsp and curd 1 tbsp and mix well..
- Now in a pan add 1 tbsp oil and pan fry the chicken..
- After the dough has rise roll out thick and big circles..
- Now cook on a pan without oil on low flame..
- Now take 6 tbsp tomato sauce and add ¼ tsp black pepper powder and mix well.
- Now cut the chicken into fine pieces..
- Now apply the sauce on the flatbread and keep the cutted chicken on it and roll. Serve and enjoy..
Making Chicken Shawarma at home is a lot easier to make than you may think. All you need is a couple minutes of prep time. It all starts with an awesome marinade! A blend of olive oil, lemon juice and lots of spices. Chicken Shawarma is a popular gourmet sandwich that you can get at Middle Eastern restaurants.