Mom's Special Salad. Mom's Special Potato Salad A rich and creamy homemade dressing is the perfect base for the potatoes, celery and onion.and any other ingredients you might want to add to this traditional salad. It's always a hit. —Danielle Brandt, Ruthton, Minnesota Peel carrots, thinly slice on a diagonal. Place on parchment covered cookie sheet.
Hope you are in good health ️ Guys pls subscribe and like and com. It's a whipped and creamy salad that's got all our favorites fruits, plus some sweet additions. My Mom has made this for years, I love the dressing, this is the only recipe I use for potato salad. You can cook Mom's Special Salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Special Salad
- You need 1 (5 oz) of bag spimach.
- You need 1/2 lbs of chicken breast.
- You need 12 of large carrots.
- You need 1 cup of Israeli couscous.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted pine nuts.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground pepper.
- You need of Dried dill.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of white balsamic.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
This is, by far, the best macaroni salad I've ever put into my mouth. It has a perfect blend of sweetness and tartness, and it is so pretty with all of the multi-colored veggies. Be ready for this to disappear before you put it on the table! I have six children, and it is all I can do to keep them from nibbling on it while I'm mixing it up!
Mom's Special Salad step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel carrots, thinly slice on a diagonal. Place on parchment covered cookie sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with dill, salt, and pepper. Roast in oven untill cooked and the edges of the carrots are slightly brown (25-30 mins). Let carrots cool before adding to salad..
- Cook chicken breast and shred by hand into bite sized pieces.
- Toast pine nuts and cook Israeli couscous as per package instructions. Rinse couscous and coat with olive oil..
- Toss to combine chicken, nuts, spinach, couscous, and dressing. Sprinkle with salt to taste..
Typically I'm not a fan of classic Macaroni Salad. However, my mom's recipe is the exception. The ingredients are fresh and colorful, and it tastes amazing! We would always have this at family picnics or trips to the lake. Mom's Special Fruit Salad Everyone comes to the dinner table when Mom's Special Fruit Salad comes out of the refrigerator.