Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous. This vegan stuffed squash is a whole meal in just one dish. Hearty and flavourful roasted squash is filled to the brim with couscous and chickpeas tossed in a mix of delicious warming spices and topped off with a tasty tahini-date sauce. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
Combine couscous, squash mixture, and half of cheese mixture in a large bowl; stir in remaining chicken broth, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onions are softened. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. You can cook Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 2 cup of Yellow Summer Squash.
- It’s 1 of Vidalia Onion.
- You need 1 of Bell Pepper, Orange or Red.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Grape Seed or Olive Oil.
- You need of Couscous.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Couscous.
- You need 1 of Rapunzel Vegan Vegetarian Bouillion with Sea Salt and Herbs.
- You need 1 tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Grape Seed or Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
Add the couscous and blend well. Combine couscous, squash mixture, and half of cheese mixture in a large bowl; stir in remaining broth, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Stir in the garbanzo beans and spices. Then gently stir in the cooked couscous.
Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous step by step
- This is a nice light vegan dinner for summertime that doesn't require much time over a stove. This can also be used as a healthy side dish when served in smaller portions..
- Slice peeled onion in half, turn and cut long thin slices..
- Cut squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- Remove stem, ribs and seeds from bell pepper and discard. Cut bell pepper into one inch chunks..
- Chop parsley finely..
- In saute pan, add oil and onions, cook over low heat..
- Once onions start to turn clear, add bell pepper. Continue cooking..
- Add squash, parsley and salt. Cook until squash begins to turn translucent. Turn off heat when vegetables achieve desired state..
- In a small sauce pan, set 2 cups water to boil with the bouillon cube and oil..
- When water comes to a boil, add basil, pepper and couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes..
- After the 5 minutes, stir couscous, then turn into a serving bowl. Fold in vegetables..
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on finished dish..
Our collection of cozy vegetarian dinner recipes ranges from vegetarian lasagna to pressure-cooker tamales to egg-based entrées, and stuffed acorn squash. These comforting plant-based recipes are just right for casual entertaining or a cozy family meal. Stuffed Butternut Squash with Couscous and Vegetables, a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish inspired by the colours of Fall. A great dish for your Thanksgiving of Christmas dinner, but also fantastic all year around. It might be simple, but it's packed full of flavours, and can be enjoyed either as a side or a meal on its own.