Mom's Curry Couscous Salad. My mother passed this recipe over to me after her and dad became vegans. Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, curry,. A ton of healthy ingredients go into this salad: Garbanzo beans, carrots, celery, parsley, green onions, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, honey, raisins (or dried currants if you prefer, they're smaller – or even dried cherries or cranberries), curry powder, and turmeric.
Curried Couscous salad is a delicious blend of spiced couscous, chopped vegetables, and a light dressing. It is full of flavor without being heavy, and it's vegan-friendly. The blend of curry, cumin, and paprika give the chickpeas a nice kick of flavor that's offset by the cool, crisp greens and veggies. You can cook Mom's Curry Couscous Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's Curry Couscous Salad
- It’s of Ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of couscous, cooked and cooled.
- It’s 1 can of 15.5-ounce chickpeas, drained.
- You need 4 of green onion tops, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, medium dice.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, medium dice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
- You need of Dressing.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground Malabar black pepper.
- It’s 4 tsp of red curry powder (McCormick).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
This spicy curried couscous (Mendocino Farms Copycat) is incredibly delicious and can be served with any sandwich, wrap, or protein. This side salad is spicy and tangy in the best way. This is a gourmet side salad, not your typical side salad. Salad: In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth, curry powder and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
Mom's Curry Couscous Salad step by step
- Combine the couscous, chickpeas, green onions, carrots, celery, and golden raisins in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- In a separate small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, curry powder, allspice, and sea salt. Whisk vigorously to combine..
- Add the dressing to the couscous mixture and stir to combine letting dressing coat well..
- Let the couscous salad sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to marry and serve cold..
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and allow the. Cook off couscous or orzo according to the instructions on the box. Rinse in cold water, drain well, put in a bowl and set aside. Put cauliflower florets in a bowl and toss with spices, salt, brown sugar, and oil.