Pomegranate and lemon couscous salad. Cut the pomegranates in half and scoop out the seeds using a teaspoon and remove the white membrane around the seeds. Place the couscous in a bowl. Pour the boiling stock or water onto the couscous.
Remove arils and add to couscous. Chop Cucumber and mint leaves and also add to couscous. Couscous salad with pomegranate, feta, chickpeas and vegetables is a colorful and hearty side dish, or a light main course. You can cook Pomegranate and lemon couscous salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pomegranate and lemon couscous salad
- You need 2 bags of or 1 cup couscous.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of pomegranate.
- You need 1 of fresh mint.
- It’s 1 of tb.s. honey.
- You need 2 of tb.s. olive oil.
- Prepare of salt.
This vibrant dish is packed with interesting textures and lovely flavors, and the resulting salad is an absolute joy to eat. In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, molasses, parsley and coriander. Extract the pomegranate seeds from its husk and add to the bowl. Bring the couscous and other ingredients together in the serving bowl and season to taste.
Pomegranate and lemon couscous salad step by step
- Cook couscous as desribed on package. Fluff with a fork. Combine olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt and pour to couscous. Cut open pomegranate. Remove arils and add to couscous. Chop Cucumber and mint leaves and also add to couscous. Stir..
- Video where I am making this salad https://youtu.be/dYsBw1hszD8.
Cost: The key here is simplicity. To serve, place the couscous in a dish. You can mix the salad if you wish, but the unmixed version is damn good-looking. In a large mixing bowl, add pearl couscous, tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, spinach leaves, and mint and mix well. Add dressing to salad ingredients and coat well.