Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Heat a dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Add tomatoes, broth, chickpeas, butternut squash, lentils, and salt and pepper. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind. Stir in chicken broth, bring to boil. You can have Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- You need 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- You need 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Use a spiralizer to create butternut squash noodles, then top them with this sweet. Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
Moroccan Butternut Chicken Soup is rich with flavor and spices. Chicken, butternut squash and zucchini come together nicely with the spices and couscous for added texture. Garnish your soup with parsley, lemon wedges, crushed red pepper and feta cheese for extra flavor! Butternut squash absorbs all of the flavours of the dish and is an excellent source of vitamin A. Soon you and your family will be feasting on this delicious, fragrant and healthy Moroccan chicken tagine.