Stir-fry. Stir frying (Chinese: 炒; pinyin: chǎo) is a Chinese cooking technique in which ingredients are fried in a small amount of very hot oil while being stirred or tossed in a wok. Stir frying is quick, easy, and extremely versatile. A great stir-fry typically consists of three important components: protein, vegetables, and sauce.
Stir-Fry Sauce: Ready-to-use stir-fry sauces can be found in the supermarket. Use ⅔ cup for four servings. Here's a speedy soy-orange stir-fry sauce from ingredients you might have on hand: In a. You can cook Stir-fry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fry
- Prepare 1 of whole garlic.
- Prepare 4 of chili's.
- It’s 30 ml of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 30 ml of lemongrass, grated.
- You need 20 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of protein.
- It’s 60 ml of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of noodles or rice.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
Stir-frying is a Chinese cooking technique that is done over high heat and with a small amount of oil. Vegetables and proteins are tossed together in a wok, which is a round-bottomed pan. Introducing the ultimate stir fry formula so you can make any dishes with minimum prep and whatever ingredients you have on hand. So, you decide to learn how to cook your favorite Chinese takeout dish. stir-fry.
Stir-fry step by step
- Chop chili & garlic, grate lemongrass & ginger..
- Combine chili, garlic, lemongrass, ginger & add olive oil. This will serve as your foundation, this mix can be kept in the fridge for a fair amount of time..
- From here everytime you cook, fry off the onion & add the 'foundation' mixture..
- To this add protein of your choice, when half way cooked add vegetables of your choice..
- Season with soy sauce..
- While this is cooking, boil, noodles/rice and combine with stri-fry mixture..
- Finish with lemon juice & fresh chopped coriander..
An eastern food, usu. comprised of noodles, meat and vegetables. Damn that was some good stir-fry! stir-fry (third-person singular simple present stir-fries, present participle stir-frying, simple past and past participle stir-fried). (transitive) To fry quickly in hot oil whilst constantly stirring, especially in a wok or similar pan. stir-fry (countable and uncountable, plural stir-fries or stir-frys). Get your five-a-day the easy way with our sizzling stir-fry recipes. Choose from chow mein, chicken and cashew nut or spicy pad Thai. Stir-fry definition is – to fry quickly over high heat in a lightly oiled pan (such as a wok) while stirring continuously.