🍝Couscous Salad🍝. Couscous salad is the perfect party food. Choose from among our most popular renditions for your next picnic or potluck. Israeli couscous, also called pearl couscous, is the star of this salad.
Couscous Salad With Grapes and Feta Credit: Kana Okada. Juicy grapes add pops of sweetness to this fresh, tasty side. Toast the pearl couscous in extra virgin olive oil. You can cook 🍝Couscous Salad🍝 using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 🍝Couscous Salad🍝
- You need 1 cup of dried couscous.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper or to taste.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (grated).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained).
- Prepare Handful of fresh parsley (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cucumber (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh pomegranate.
Don't skip this first step and go right to the boiling water, toasting the couscous in extra virgin olive oil is a great way to deepen its color and flavor. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley, basil and couscous. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Test Kitchen tips; This uses a flavorful and versatile balsamic vinaigrette.
🍝Couscous Salad🍝 instructions
- In a large bowl whisk the salt, black pepper, grated garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with the boiling water..
- Pour over the dried cous cous and. Cover with the plate and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Once soaked and cooled slightly, fluff up the grains with a fork..
- Add the chickpeas, grated carrot, cucumber,pomegranate and fresh parsley give everything a good stir and serve..
Try it on lettuce salads, too. Since this can be served warm or chilled, it's a smart make-and-take for potlucks and picnics. This couscous salad makes the most of summer's bounty. I used to prepare it with a mayonnaise dressing, but lightened it with lemon vinaigrette. It's even better now! —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California Fluffy couscous is dotted with green onions, red pepper, fresh cilantro and black beans and boasts the Southwest tang of a lime-cumin vinaigrette.