COUSCOUS SALAD. Couscous salad is the perfect party food. Choose from among our most popular renditions for your next picnic or potluck. Pour in chicken stock and increase heat to high.
Assemble the salad: To a large bowl add the prepared couscous and fluff it up with a fork. Add the rest of the salad ingredients. Pour the prepared dressing over and toss everything well together. You can have COUSCOUS SALAD using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of COUSCOUS SALAD
- You need 135 gr of couscous.
- It’s 190 gr of sweet corn kernels, boiled briefly and then drain.
- It’s 150 gr of red beans, boiled until tender and then drain.
- It’s 375 ml of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 50 gr of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 5 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 50 gr of almonds, roasted/oven and roughly chopped.
- You need 30 gr of red paprika/morrón, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 30 gr of green paprika/morrón, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
Garnish with extra mint and feta and serve! Transfer couscous to a large bowl. Add tomatoes, red bell pepper, celery, cucumber, scallions and parsley to bowl with cooked couscous. Combine couscous, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, garbanzo beans, red onion, olives, cheese, parsley, mint, basil, and oregano in a medium bowl.
COUSCOUS SALAD instructions
- Heat a little (1 tsp) oil over medium heat, then stir onion and garlic until lightly browned..
- Add couscous and vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper..
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer until couscous is tender and broth is absorbed. Add corn and beans, toss to mix evenly and cook briefly then set aside..
- Heat a little oil and saute paprika until slightly browned, add a little salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, add honey and lemon juice. Mix well, set aside..
- Serve couscous with almonds and a sprinkling of celery, add sautéed papricc on the side..
In small bowl, beat lemon juice, oil and salt with wire whisk until well blended; pour over vegetable mixture and toss. Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.