Golden Graham French Toast with Banana Topping. Great recipe for Golden Graham French Toast with Banana Topping. Golden Grahams have been one of my favorite cereals for as long as I can remember & wanted to add it to another one of my favorite things for breakfast.french toast! Golden Graham French Toast with Banana Topping.
Peanut butter and bananas are a great combination but sandwich them between french toast and you have a warm gooey treat for breakfast! Dunk both sides of bread into egg mixture and transfer to a plate while you heat your skillet. Add the bread to the hot skillet. You can cook Golden Graham French Toast with Banana Topping using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Golden Graham French Toast with Banana Topping
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of Golden Grahams cereal.
- You need 6 slice of bread (your choice). I used wheat..
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almond milk or heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 dash of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, ginger.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 large of Banana.
- Prepare 1 of Maple Syrup.
Serve with the warm banana topping. Add the cubes of French bread, and gently stir until the bread has soaked up all the liquid. Top with the banana and sugar glaze. Serve the French toast piping hot, topped with spoonfuls of the caramelized bananas.
Golden Graham French Toast with Banana Topping step by step
- On a plate, mash Golden Grahams to mostly powder with a fork. Doesn't need to be powder completely but no big chunks or may burn..
- Mix tablespoon of melted butter, eggs, milk, almond milk (or whipping cream), & spices in medium bowl. Bowl needs to be big enough to dip bread in..
- Dip bread in egg mixture….then place in golden graham "powder" on both sides..
- Fry in pan on both sides til…well, "golden"…add butter to pan as needed. Fry a couple of banana slices to add on top of french toast after making all of the frenchtoast.
Variation: Sliced apples, pears, nectarines or peaches are all meltingly delicious when caramelized in butter and sugar. Just substitute an equal amount of whichever fruit you prefer for the bananas. Brown Sugar Banana French Toast Casserole – A make-ahead baked French toast casserole filled with brown sugar caramel sauce, sliced bananas, and a brown sugar crumble topping. Assemble this French toast the night before and bake it in the morning. Repeat the cooking process, adding more butter as needed, with the remaining slices of toast.