Sweet Banana Rice. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. All Reviews for Brazilian Sweet Banana and Rice Dish – of Reviews. Reviews: Most Helpful Most Helpful Most Positive Least Positive Newest.
Brazilian Sweet Banana and Rice Dish. In this Brazilian recipe, brown rice is topped with black beans, tomatoes, sausage, and served alongside sweet and sticky baked bananas. Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. You can cook Sweet Banana Rice using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Banana Rice
- It’s of oil.
- It’s 2 of banana.
- You need 3 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sake.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of rice (cooked).
- You need 100 g of sweet beans.
- You need 1 of egg.
Season with salt until the rice tastes like it has a good balance between sweet and salty. On a platter, arrange the lamb and rice. Suman is very easy to make! If you like sweet rice (malagkit,) coconut milk and sugar, then you will enjoy this dish!
Sweet Banana Rice step by step
- Chop bananas into thin slices.
- Beat the egg and mix in the sugar..
- Start heating the rice with little oil in a fry pan, until it gets some heat..
- Add sake and mirin. Rice should loosen up now a bit..
- Add banana slices and sweet beans. Stir for couple minutes..
- Add sugar egg mix into pan and stir until egg has cooked..
You will need banana leaves to tie up the Suman for the steamed portion of the recipe, though I'm not convinced that this step adds any flavor. The banana leaf keeps the rice mixture together. Stir in mashed bananas until well blended and heated through. One of the most loved ways to cook glutinous rice is to use it in this Suman Malagkit Recipe. It's quite simple to do but Filipinos take pride in doing it and many households have their own secret in making this sweet rice delicacy.