Yaki Udon – Stir fried udon noodle. Yaki Udon (焼きうどん) is a Japanese udon noodles stir-fried with your choice of protein and vegetables. Protein can be thinly sliced meat or any seafood suitable for stir-fry. This is a very quick and simple udon recipe but so delicious.
It's stir fried with a savory sauce made of soy sauce and mirin. This is different from yakisoba because they are made with different noodles. Yakisoba is also a stir fried Japanese noodles dish but the noodles used are much thinner. You can have Yaki Udon – Stir fried udon noodle using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yaki Udon – Stir fried udon noodle
- Prepare 300 g of pre-cooked udon noodles.
- Prepare 150 g of cabbage.
- It’s 80 g of carrot.
- You need 30 g of green onion.
- It’s 20 g of aburaage, deep fried tofu.
- Prepare 85 g of canned clam in brine.
- You need 1 Tbs of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbs of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of bonito flakes for topping.
Add the noodles, mirin, soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir-fry until the noodles are hot through. Yaki Udon is a Japanese stir-fried noodle dish that's a close relative of Yakisoba. It's typically prepared with inexpensive ingredients like cabbage, carrots, and onions, and yet it's flavorful and satisfying. This has made it a street-food staple which can often be found at omatsuri, or festivals across Japan.
Yaki Udon – Stir fried udon noodle instructions
- Put some water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Add the boiled udon noodle and boil for 3 minutes. Moved to a colander, chilled in running water, and rubbed and rinsed in order to remove the sticky starch. Leave the noodle on the colander and drain well..
- Cut the cabbage into bite-size. Cut the aburaage in half and slice into 1cm widths. Cut the carrot into the same size as aburaage. Chop the green onion into 1 inch lengths..
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar together..
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan on medium high heat, add the carrot and the aburaage, and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and cook for 30 seconds. Add the udon noodle, the clam with the brine, the sauce mixture and green onion, and combine well..
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle bonito flakes on top..
Udon is a Japanese noodle made of wheat and yaki udon is a stir fried dish that includes udon noodles along with a variety of meat and vegetables mixed in a soy sauce base. Depending on what fillings and sauce you use to make yaki udon, it can be healthy. No need to stir them or to put some oil in the saucepan beforehand, they will separate by themselves. Drain them and rinse well with cold water in a colander. Add a little oil to a frying pan or wok and start to cook the vegetables/meat.